CIC gives priority preference to this class as they are already in Canada and the adaptability requirement is already fulfilled.
- Temporary resident status during their qualifying period of work experience
- Work experience in occupations that match with skill type O, or skill level A or B of the National Occupation Classification
- Knowledge of English or French
- Not engaged in work or attending school without authorization
- Not remained in Canada after the visa expired (overstayed)
Temporary foreign workers need twenty-four months of work experience within the last thirty-six months.
Graduates need twelve months of work experience within the last twenty-four months and should have achieved the necessary Canadian education credentials.